What is Black Magic?
Black Magic is known as Kaala Jaadu in our society. Black Magic or Witchcraft, so to speak are the nefarious acts done by the devil, Iblis and his sons or disciples. These acts harm innocent human beings and are strictly prohibited by every religion everywhere.
Creation of Black Magic or Kaala Jadu
Black magic or Kaala Jaadu was is a knowledge given by Allah to the human beings. It was sent thru two angels, Harut and Marut as a trial in the reign of Hazrat Solomon A.S. They were sent as an azmaaish for those people. As Allah says in Quran:
“And they followed what the devils used to enchant in the reign of Solomon; Solomon did not commit kufr, but these devils did: they used to teach magic to people, and they followed such things as were revealed at Babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (such things) without saying: we are only for trial; so do not commit kufr. These people used to learn from them that which could sow discord between a man and his 36 Mystic Thoughts wife whereas these things cannot harm anyone without Allah’s permission”. (Sura: Al Baqra, Verse No. 102 (Quran))
HISTORY OF BLACK MAGIC
婷婷五月丁香Black magic has very dark history that echoes to the Renaissance. The Greek mythology and history is full of magic and horoscopes. In one of the verse of Surah “YOUSUF” of Holy Quran, Pharos once called all his magicians in his court and asked them to use their magic against Moses. An enemy of Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.), a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-Aasim did some black magic on him and to dissolve the magic, last two Surah of Quran commonly known as “Quls” were revealed.
Black Magic in Pakistan / Kaala Jadu in Pakistan
婷婷五月丁香Black magic is a knowledge and also very much attributed in Hindus religion and being used in India. A non-Muslim community in Pakistan is using these mischievous acts boldly and 90% of women are the victim, some people are using religion for this purpose and earning a lot and they are victimizing many innocents’ people and those people are using black magic and witchcraft that do not have firm believe in Allah. Many women have lost their properties, wealth and even chastity to fulfill their reasonable or even unreasonable wishes. Black magic is defined as the negative use of energies and powers by envious or hateful human beings who look for unnecessary advantage of people around them. The different methods are used like voodoo dolls, owl blood, hypnotizing and evil spirits etc.
HOW DO WE KNOW, A PERSON IS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF WITCHCRAFT OR KAALA JAADU
People who have had experience with such situations have related that the following are among the signs of a person who is possessed by Satan or The Djinn:
- Strong repulsion when hearing Quran or Adhan (call for prayers).
- Episodes of losing consciousness and/or epileptic attacks, especially when Quran is recited for the possessed person.
- Frequent nightmares during sleep.
- Tendency to avoid people accompanied by out-of-the-norm behavior.
- The jinn who possesses him might speak when Quran is recited for the possessed person. Madness, as stated in the Quran (interpretation of the meaning): “Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom Satan by his touch hath driven to [epileptic] madness”2:275
As for a person struck by magic he might experience the following:
- Dislike of ones spouse, as indicated in the Quran by the following verse (interpretation of the meaning): “And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife…” (Al-Baqarah, 2:102).
- Different attitude in the house from that which is outside the house. For example, a person will feel that he is missing his family when is outside the house but when he goes home, love changes quickly to extreme hatred.
- Inability to have sexual intercourse with ones spouse.
- Frequent miscarriage for pregnant women.
- Sudden change in behavior without obvious reason. Complete loss of appetite for food. Thinking or imagining one has done something when in reality one has not.
- Sudden obedience and/or love for a particular person.
- It should be noted that if a person experiences some of the above symptoms this does not necessarily mean that he is either possessed by a jinn or struck by black magic. It might be due to physiological or psychological reasons.
HOW CAN IT BE CONTROLLED?
- Putting ones trust in Allah with sincere belief that He is the only cure for everything.
- Reading Quran and known supplications expressing seeking refuge, the most important and effective of which is Surah 113 and 114, Al-Falaq and Al-Naas, which were used to cure the Prophet himself. Surah 112, Al-Ikhlaas, is recommended along with them, as well as the opening chapter of the Quran, Al-Fatihah. To cure black magic some have successfully used seven lotus-tree leaves. The leaves should be crushed, then mixed them with water enough for taking a bath. The following verses from the Quran are then recited: verse Al-Kursi (2:255), surah Al-Kafiroon (109), surah 112, 113, 114; the verses which mention magic, which are: in surah Al-Baqarah (2:102), Al-Araaf (7:117-119), Yunus (10:79-82), and Taha (20:65-69). The possessed person drinks some of the water, and the rest is used to give him a bath.
- Removing the elements of magic as was done by the Prophet when he was struck by black magic by a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-Aasim.
- Eating seven Aaliya Al-Barniy dates (among the dates of Al-Madinah) first thing in the morning; if not possible, any dates will suffice, by the will of Allah.
- Cupping–removing excess blood.
PUNISHMENTS FOR PERSONS WHO DO KAALA JAADU ON INNOCENT AND UNKNOWING FOLKS
As the impact of Kaala Jaadu is huge as it can hurt a person living in countries away from the person doing the witchcraft, it is one of those offences in Islam that are punished by death. According to Shaykh Rami Al Rifai, “Every act of Sihr is punished by Death”. Any person who does this act is considered a mushrik (polythiest).
IS THERE A SYSTEMIZED CODE OR ACT OF LEGAL REMEDIES AGAINST BLACK MAGIC IN PAKISTAN
Unfortunately in Pakistan still we do not have any law which prohibits the black magic or kaala jadu. A Bill is presented in Parliament but still needs approval of the House to become law. It is known as the “A BILL to prohibit the practice of Witchcraft´’. It was introduced on 21st August 2017 and it explicitly describes what an aamil (black magician ) is and what type of punishment can be given to those who practice it which may extend to three years.
We need to made strong law to punish those who are playing with the lives of innocent with this loathsome act but so far we fail to even pass any basic law for the prohibition of Black Magic.
ARE THESE PUNISHMENTS ENOUGH?
I think these punishments are highly lacking because almost 85% of the population is being harmed by these malpractices one way or another. A person’s reputation, his life, his health, his body or loved ones can be harmed just with the snap of a finger. These people should be given capital punishments along with hefty fines.
WHAT MORE REMEDIES?
- All types of aalim centres should be ceased and destroyed.
- No one except a person certified by a prestigious Islamic Daar-ul-Ulooms be allowed to practice TAWVEEZ and DAMM.
- Advertisements against these phonies and practitioners should be made for public awareness of the common person.
Author: Ammal Atta is the Student of LLB in Islamia University of Bahawalpur.