Publication of Laws of Pakistan Act 2016
婷婷五月丁香Basic purpose of this law is to ensure publication of the text of the laws of Pakistan free from errors of reproduction and updating and printing. This is Federal law and passed by the National Assembly and hence it extends to whole of Pakistan. The act is passed by because the Provincial Assemblies of Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab and Sindh have passed resolutions under article 144 of the Constitution to the effect that Parliament may by law regulate this issue.
Under section 6 of Publication of Laws of Pakistan Act 2016, The Federal Government shall establish a Cell to be known as Laws of Pakistan Cell which shall;
- Register publishers of laws of Pakistan
- Regulate the publication of the standard translation of laws of Pakistan
- Review every proposed publication of the laws of Pakistan
- Issue certificate of accuracy to the effect that the contents of law of Pakistan are accurate and updated
- Seize any unauthorized publication which contain errors and destroy the same
- Impose fine
- Deregister a publisher
婷婷五月丁香Under this law the “Law of Pakistan” means a law passed under the constitution of the Islamic republic of Pakistan or by or under the Authority of Majlis e Shoora or any of the Provincial Assemblies, which is published in the or Gazette of any Province and includes principal and subordinate legislation and any other statutory instrument which is published in the Gazette of Pakistan or Gazette of any Province
Publication of Laws of Pakistan Act 2016 PDF Download
Click on the link given below to download the PDF file of complete Act.